Sunday 1 August 2010

When I was five I killed myself...


Bought this a few days ago on impulse. The author, Howard Buten, is a psychologist, violinist, and professional clown, living in France. The novel is written from the perspective of an eight year old child. As a psychologist I wonder how accurate the narrative seems, whether it is flawlessly eight years old, whether there are spelling mistakes, etc. I'm told that the novel itself is also '8 year old size' being one third the conventional width and height of a novel (though it maintains the usual page length of a novel). Strangely the novel has sold over a million copies in France and is relatively unknown in the author's home country (America). Anyway, I wish Amazon would hurry up, and it would arrive! I will have my fingers crossed and be waiting in anticipation of the post-man tomorrow! And then suffer the horrible stomach lurch of disappointment when it doesn't. Come on, pull through for me Amazon!

No comments:

Post a Comment